Saturday, November 8, 2008

Being The Shorter One

Sometimes you want to blame genetics for what you look like and how you act but still you can not because science has also its own ways of modifying the creation of genetics. Nowadays, many are open to surgery, liposuction, and the like which can alter the body parts and make anyone look more beautiful or weigh less. Also, there are vitamins and food supplements which can help you like tea for making a fat lady thin and sexy, or vitamin B 6,12 which is for growth and I have known a few people who attested to the effectiveness of this one.


Some friends describe me as petite and I can not deny my height. Though I know that vitamins do exist and they can help increase my height, still I did not go for those. I did not know why... When I was in elementary, my height was the average one but it all started in high school when I realized I was not growing any few inches anymore and I should accept that fact. Just a month ago, I was talking to a new friend and I told her I am a college student. She was surprised to learn that I am a senior student and she thought I am still a freshman due to my height.


I am almost five feet and I got this height from my mom. I hope that my brother will be tall, not like me. Just this morning, I was with my classmate and we used my umbrella because it was hot. Since she is taller that me, she was the one holding it. In getting something from the cabinet, I have to use the chair so I can get it. I also fold the end of my pants because they are too long.


See? There are two sides in being the shorter one. Those are just few of the many things but if you ask me, I am still glad I am me and I am contented with it. Thank God for giving me a complete body and I am truly blessed!

No comments: