Friday, November 7, 2008

Survival of the fittest

Here in the university, every student is being tested in a ring of fire. No one escapes from experiencing the torture, specifically mind torture, and it depends upon that student on how he or she will handle everything until the end of the semester. When June comes, you can still hang out with your friends without worrying exams and papers. But when August is on the way, be prepared to feel the so-called 'hell weeks' where anyone will be stressed and depressed.



It was my first year in college and I was not used to the weather here. It was August and you could not understand the inconsistent weather that time. Due to the low relative humidity of the place and the trees around, I became sick and it was pneumonia. After a week of exams, I went to the university health service for a check-up and the doctor required me to stay there for medication. My friend accompanied me and she left to get some clothes at out dormitory. She did not come back, I just learned she got fever. Another sad thing, I sent my phone to my mother a week before that because it was not functioning well. So I could not contact my family and friends. My only visitor was my dorm mate. After two days, I was fine.


It was my first and last serious sickness. Now, three years had passed and thank God that I am still fine despite all odds. Last week, I had to absent from my class because of my fever. This week has been so stressful and depressing for me. My performance is not good and I blame myself for being lazy sometimes.


Exams and requirements are always there. The challenge is, how will you survive? It is just a matter of time and management. Time lost is lost forever. I just hope I can advice myself more than this.

No comments: