Saturday, November 8, 2008

Lost but not found

Whenever someone gives you any thing for a gift or on any ordinary day, you will value it. More especially if you value that person much. Even though it is just a material thing, the thought that you cherish what has been given to you means a lot to that person. You will take care of it and make sure it will not be lost.


My mother gave me a wrist watch and that had been with me for more or less than two years. When I wake up, I would look at it and check the time. It was my constant companion, especially during exams, it would always remind me of the time. I did not buy for a new watch because I am already satisfied with what I have. Sometimes it could make me late due to its battery. Even though I prefer more the digital clock in my phone, I still brought it with me always, just like when I was on a plane and using of phones is prohibited. Indeed it was very useful to me.


It was yesterday. I remember that its lock was not that tight and it had been fallen out of my wrist for how many times but I was aware on those times. Yet yesterday, I only realized it was gone when I arrived here in the dormitory. I looked around and I did not find it. Careless... It was lost. If only I repaired the lock, it would have been with me now. Regrets...


Goodbye to you wherever you are right now. If somebody found you, I hope he or she will take care of you. I know I am not used to the emptiness in my wrist but I have to accept my negligence and learn a new lesson. Just this morning, I woke up and checked for the time...only to realize that what happened yesterday was not a dream. I may buy a new one but nothing can ever replace what my mother gave me. I know your my lost.

No comments: