Saturday, November 8, 2008

Weigh less or eat more?

When I was in my childhood years, I observed my mom was not conscious about how she became fat before and after she gave birth to my younger brother. Yet years after that, she slowly became aware about her figure and she started doing measures on reducing weight. She did ballroom dancing, some exercise early in the morning, and she also drank tea which others confessed as effective in reducing weight. I observed all these things and I wondered why is it that being sexy or slim is important for a woman, even to some mothers.


Now I will be turning 20 on August and I am not getting any younger. It was when I was in my second year in college that I started to gain more pounds. I love bread and cookies...and I can eat a meal with more rice and little viand. In short, the foods that I mostly eat are more on carbohydrates and these can make a person fat. It is good to eat more and to be healthy. I remembered when I was told by my mother to eat more because I was so thin and she stressed that I am lucky enough to have enough food while there are street children who are begging for alms just to have something to eat.


I went home last summer and I just love being at home because I can eat whatever I want and I can add more without worrying how much would I spend for everything I ate. And again, I gained more pounds... When I came back here in the university, people were telling me that I am fat and I just told myself not to worry because I would lose weight as days would pass. However, these days, I just can not stop myself from eating and eating more. My friend told me not to hinder myself and that friend is thin despite the fact that she can finish three to four cups of rice in a meal.


For now I am thinking about how to erase my worries and enjoy my meals...

No comments: