Saturday, November 8, 2008

Birthday

Everyone has a birth date, who does not? This date is just a simple remembrance that God gives us another year and we must be thankful for it.


I saw in my photo albums that my parents never miss a single party for my birthday. From one year old until I was 16, we celebrate it by inviting other people. I was used to that feeling that I was excited every birthday, my family will prepare for it and our relatives and my friends will be there. I miss those times. When I entered college, I did not get the chance to be with my family anymore because my birthday is on august and I can not go home. It was on my seventeenth birthday when I felt how sad it was to be away especially when my parents called. On my eighteenth birthday, my father was there and somehow his presence made me more than happy. Although it was my childhood dream to have a cotillion for my debut, I was still satisfied with our simple celebration.


Another birthday means an additional to your age, the thing that we are often afraid of because we are not getting any younger. When I was two years old, I wanted to grow old faster so that I could go to school just like our neighbors. Yet now, I wish I were young, carefree, and innocent. Wounds and bruises were easier to heal when we were kids but wounds in the hearts take time to heal. The older we are, the more complicated the problems become and the world expands more than you thought.


Your birthday can represent your identity through the year or zodiac sign you were born. It is up to you if you believe these things. But for me, those things are often true and happening. I do not know if those are just mere coincidences. I am Leo and born under year of the Dragon, what can you say about my personality?


No comments: