Friday, November 7, 2008

Fun(ny) Day

Yesterday, I went to Quezon Province because my friends invited me for their town feast. I was hesitant to go at first because I would go there by myself and I was not even familiar of the place. They just gave me directions on how to go there. Finally, I got the confidence.


We ate lots of food, from viands to salads and other desserts, that I could not take to eat anymore. We did some strolling around the town and I saw big and old houses, just like ancestral houses. We visited an old house where my friend's family used to live before. It has three floors and it has many doors that you would think you are in a maze. The pictures that were hung all over the place were also old and creepy, somehow. The bathroom has a bath tub inside, just imagine how rich those people were before. It was my first time to visit such kind of house.


When the night came, we went to the carnival. We agreed to go inside a horror house. It was so funny because the ghosts (if they call those as ghosts) were dressed in rugged clothes and they wore masks of ugly faces. If I guess it right, they aged 15-18. Most of the girls were screaming while the boys were used as shields against those ugly ones. We were stranded inside since it was dark and we could not find the way out. When we finally found the exit door, we all burst into laughter. The next stop was the ferris wheel. Only four of us rode on the ferris wheel while the rest, including me, just enjoyed watching them. Our last events were gambling and wasting (sorry for the term) coins. There was a color game and you have to bet on one of those six colors. The dice would determine the winning color and your money would be doubled if the dice revealed the color you bet for. The other game was throwing a coin on a table with colored squares and the coin must be inside the square for you to win. This was the most enjoyable game we played. When one of us won, he or she would share the coins and all of us would throw a coin again. We were just repeating until no one managed to win and we do not have coins anymore.


The night was over and I slept over at my friend's house. It was nice meeting new faces and playing with them even though we were not that close. Well, everything was worth it.

No comments: