Friday, November 7, 2008

Miracles do happen

There are times in our life when we are so down and you feel that the world is turning its back from you. You may think that you are so stupid to commit those mistakes which made up all the mess. You blame yourself for not doing what you supposed to do in those times. This must be normal to anyone.


For every student, the exam, projects, exercises and papers are always the "make it or break it" part of each subject. These will determine whether the student will pass the course or repeat it. Sometimes, it is the exam that matters most.


I am in my fourth year in college and it is my first time to experience such hardship. They say that it is normal in this university to get a passing grade. All students aim for the highest grade but with the difficult life here, getting a passing grade is a relief, it is much better that a failing grade and repeat the subject. Before, I wonder why some students flunk their subjects. I felt sorry for their parents who worked so hard just to send their children in school yet these children failed to pass the course. I blamed these students for neglecting their exams and wasted their time. The government is spending a big amount to subsidize our education yet they are just wasting this money.


Now I have a different view. It does not matter whether you are intelligent enough and you have prepared well for the exams because the moment that you receive your test paper, many possible things will happen that make you fail the exam. First, your time was consumed in the essay part and you have little time for the problem solving. The teacher was not satisfied with your essay and you have answered only one problem. Second, you made a wrong input in your calculator and the rest of your answers were also wrong because of the first answer. Third, your professor did not accept your test paper because you passed it almost a minute late. And fourth, you were so careless that you converted the given parameters which should not be converted. These mistakes may look so simple but they can make you fail in your exams.


I was praying and hoping that I will pass the subject even though I knew that there is little chance. I was very bothered that my head kept on aching everyday. I even had dreams about it. It was this afternoon when I fell asleep and had a dream that I passed the subject. I was praying that the dream was a good sign. When I went to check my grade, I was really happy and thankful for the miracle. Thank God for answering my prayers. So now, I do believe that getting a passing grade instead of a high grade is not really bad after all. That miracle taught me so many things and I am thankful for it.

No comments: